Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
My only knock on the RS3's is the soft sidewalls. I'm constantly playing with the pressures in between sessions trying to find the sweet spot. Next time around I'll probably go back to Star Specs (Z2) or check out the new BFG Rival's.
The new Rival's look very promising, still waiting for more information and or someone to try them out. I know they're not available yet, I think.. but should be good to see what they do. I did have to play with air pressure allot, but seems that 32psi cold around is either the sweet spot, or close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
If somethings cheap, its cheap for a reason, and I started using the NT05's after hanging around the C6 Z06 forums. Those guys swear by em, and won't use anything else. I saw reduced lap times, and chunking resistance. I'm sticking with nittos. I might try toyo proxes R888, but right now that's about it.
Ok, cool, not trying to persuade one way or the other, it's your choice. Just commenting, RS-3 are "cheap" in comparison, but perform better than the expensive RE-11s I once had. Either way, good luck and let us know how it turns out, and hope you beat that time.