View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Mob 17, thanks for the info and your kind offer, if I'm ever in those neck of the woods, I'll be sure to drop you a line :-)

Yeah understood re: EQ..just not sure whether its worth spending £350-£400 on an MS-8 when I know I won't tweak it much. If I recode, then I may opto for something cheaper maybe a cleanweep or cache of some sort.... just can't decide what I'd need an MS-8 for if I won't be tweaking it.. and I'm pretty certain I won't given a/I don't know how to and b/I never tuned the Bit One at all!

Saying that, I'm trying not to miss out on a trend as I have heard an MS-8 in action before! I have also heard the L7 13 spkr system in an E92 and they def sound the nuts compared to BASE package.

How can I find out if mine can be recoded without HW changes? Pre LCI 2006 Coupe.

RE: Components - Never heard of AutoAudio but we have John Kleis just 15 mins from me so may pay him a visit for more info at some point! I'll also give Greg a shout soon too - London's always on my agenda so I'm there few times a month anyways! Yes these are the same price as focals and I won't be getting them anytime soon - way too bright for me after owning it. Thought it was just me but clearly not.

Yeah adaptor wise I'll have to buy one from somewhere but is there a major issue of fitting morels into the door? Focals previously were 4" .. and bot morels and focals seem fairly shallow?!

I previously for my E90 bought all the adaptors etc from 808MGUY over in the US and sadly everything got sold with the car! Pissed off but c'est la vie! Last time didn't fit a centre channel but this time I def will and Vibe may be the way to go as several people have used it and can vouch for it!

RE: Underseats.. Will getting 8" over 6.5" really matter that much if my bass will be coming from the subs in the boot? The underseat can then effectively be programmed for pure mid -bass drivers rather than sub woofers.. therefore extra clarity? Or am I twisting things now??

You've mentioned Jenherts for £240.. are these 8" or 6.5"? If they come with adaptors / spacers, that's one less headache!

I've not heard hertz but it's fairly popular amongst some people. I'm not looking to go down hertz as althought its a nice little package, as you say.. you do get what you pay for!

I'll have to think of something else if not SWS!

Re: Amp ... is this going to be a 1 stop solution to my needs.. (3 way components + 1 or 2 subs in the boot??)

.............. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro..._id/12579.html .........

4 chn is no good I suppose then!?

Someone on here is selling it for a fraction of that price so is it worth getting for about £300 and will this be the only amp I will need?? Please explain what I'd power off these (boot sub and underseat upgraded woofers as well as the components?) What will the MS-8 be powered off - the HU?? Can the HU not power anything i.e tweeters..??

Last edited by AWBimmer; 08-30-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0