09-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #20
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
Thanks for this guys! Really appreciate your help so late at night.
Until I read, I decided that I'll go with the Jehnerts and I'll get a set of 2 way comps ... Rainbow DL-C4.2 (http://www.raysmith.co.uk/rainbow-ca...x-80-watt.html)

Do you guys know if this would sound good or if they're any good? Also whether they would fit in the e92s? I know the more popular rainbows are the SLC 210.25 NG which I'm trying to find but not able to... ANY ideas as to what the differences are between the two varieties?

The jehnerts and spacers are costing me £200 and these rainbow DL-C4.2 2ways are £150 (which John kleis) have recommended, that's my front end pretty much done for a very good price...however any info or advice on these rainbow speakers won't go a miss! For £350 - jehnerts and rainbow speakers seem a pretty good deal.

I was planning on saying no to these jehnerts however knowing myself I knew I'd want to change the OE underseat at some point so might as well be now as I'm doing the upgrades..

Re: cntr channel, I'll look into this and keep u folks updated.

Matt: yeah the ms8 price tag was just a too good a deal not to be missed so decided that after remembering how highly u spoke of them at the time of your install.

Mo: thanks v much for calling yest at short notice ..

S.
No problem Sam But remember didn't i say you'd change your mind again! But it's all good happened to me all the time!

Have never heard Rainbow speakers before, but when i was researching they did pop up. Generally their speakers are supposed to be good, but i think Morels are rated more. Also, the Rainbow crossovers are pretty big and i don't think they will fit in the doors, they might but just check. The mounting depth of those Rainbows are 51 but your car has a 43mm mounting depth.

I think whatever you decide, just get a similarly matched centre.
Appreciate 0