View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
dblrguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i & 06 330i

Quick Procede Questions...

Can anyone answer these questions for me?

1. Do the Global User Adjustable Parameters make changes on the fly? IE. If I'm out pulling logs, look at one and make a change, say to OL Fueling, continue driving and pull another log, did that change take effect or do I need to reset the procede or cycle ignition off for 30 sec?

2. At what point in making changes should I reset Adaptations?

How long should I drive after making changes before pulling logs?

(Trying to figure out a Fuel Trim Bank 2 issue... logs to follow in a new post.)

3. With the age of the Procede Manual what exactly does each setting currently do?

Overboost limit: Max Boost

Start Bost in %: ? Manual says its the point that autotuning starts working, but autotune has been off on the aggressive maps for a while.

Start Ign Corr: ? Manual says ignition correction before autotuning.

OL fueling: I understand it to be the fuel pressure maintained by the fuel system. (It has been recommended that if fuel trims are near their 33-34 max that raising the OL setting will bring fuel trims down away from max. Is this true?)

4. Starting settings for 9-10 Aggressive maps: the readme has a section where it says to set map 2 (yes I'm running meth) to 100% start boost & 0% Ign Corr. This was a change to me from 65% & 0%, which is also instructed in a different location in the readme. (I emailed the vishnu guys and was sent back a copy paste response. I see that they are very busy right now, not stressing it.)

I want to have a better understanding of what each setting is supposed to change so that I can better analyze my logs.

Just want to get everything sorted so I can go to the track on Friday. With all the changes and revisions to the Procede it would be great to have a new manual posted with a bit more info on the different settings and their effect on the car.

Thanks for the info
Nate
Appreciate 0