View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

1. On the fly. Change parameters and click apply.

2. Normally when switching firmware and/or maps after uploading via user software. Adaptations are always modifying and will settle more afterward. 3 or so WOT pulls in 3rd gear is enoguh pulls to get a decent indication of how the car is running if you were to log after.

3. Max boost is the boost ceiling the unit will autotune to, if you have autotune enabled. Not sure if new maps have autotuning or not.

Start boost %: the % difference above the 0% boost map up to the 100% boost map. Actual boost = 0% boost + [Start Boost % parameter]x [(100% boost value)-(0% boost value)]

OL fueling: Yes. This is a scaler applied to the OL fueling map. I beleive it has 5% authority in either direction. Someone correct me if this has changed.

4. Not sure what your asking. Why did they switch from 100% to 65% or vice versa? I havnt looked at the 9-10 maps, but if they did that, its likely to give more adjustability for map 2 boost. 60% provides more up and down adjustment where 100% would only allow you to adjust boost down.

There are many threads explaining how this stuff works. Search and you'll find most of your answers.
Appreciate 0