10-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #23
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
As a noob ... I would suggest in all honesty the Canon Rebel XTi ... reason being is that your learning ... and with any tech .. as time goes by better stuff will come out. With the Rebel XTi the body will cost like righ under $1000 ... this will give you plenty of money to buy some nice "L" series glass, filters, camera bag, tripod, tripod head (good tripods the heads are sold seprately), and some books to start learning with. The Rebel XTi will also provide you with enought room to grow for at least a year or two (depends on how hard core you want to get into it) and the quality of images are great! I'm still shooting with a Rebel XT and have no real issues with the camera.

These pics where recently shot with the Rebel:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79975

Also B&H Photo is the place to go to buy Camera Equipment ... I too highly reccomend it. Also check Costco.com if your a member as thats where I was able to find the best deal on my Rebel XT.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. A lot of people fail to see that its not all about the body. Most of the time, the glass will cost more then the body of the camera.

Learn on a lower end DSLR, and when you actually know what your doing and can utilize all the functions the higher end ones offer, then just upgrade the body.