12-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
M3 Eater
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Drove the N55 for the first time today....

I started my new job at BMW today. First thing we did... test drive a bunch of cars! I started with 2011 335i coupe sport. Now I know I have some mods on my 07 but I drive it around on map 0 often. I have DCI and DPs so there may be some extra WHP even at map 0 but no more than 30whp max. I must say that I was a bit disappointed with this cars performance. It wasn't slow by any means but after looking under the hood at that changes, I thought I saw a lot of potential for extra HP. Looks like there is a second duct for air going to the box almost like the Dinan set up for the n54. The single has a big hit right at the middle of the gear but dies off quickly. The cat on this thing was huge ( i think thats what I was looking at... it appeared to have a o2 sensor and a line running from it.) Take that thing off and maybe it uncages the beast??

I will drive the 335is tomorrow and see If I notice a difference.

I also drove x5, z4(M car). The Z 4 was amazing! That sport button is magic.

Anyone in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area! Please feel free to contact me regarding pricing on new vehicles, CPO and stock parts as well. I also know where to get your modded car worked on as long as its code free, NO Speed Delimiters but tunes are ok. FMIC, DPS, DCI, Catch Cans... all ok. I am in no way saying I recommend that you have your car serviced with Mods. I am just saying that the Service Dept will gladly council you if you decide that its better to leave a modded car thats running well alone rather than risk damage by removing and re-installing parts over and over. PM me for details about the how and where....