View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #25
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

OP:

Until you drop your BF to 12% or less your abs are going to be hard to see.

When I was at peak physique I was 172 LBS, 6-7% Body Fat, 5Ft 10. (305 Max Bench)

I'm now about 163-165 lbs, 10% Body Fat. (275 Max Bench maybe a bit more but I'll be honest I'm not really a power lifter).
I still have the same abs but they looked a lot more defined at the lower BF % by no accident.

(I never did cardio either).

Your caloric intake does have a lot to do with your body, but so does what you eat and at what times you eat. Avoid late night snacks and especially ones with Carbs. Just eliminating the snacking at night (chips, ice cream, whatever) has helped me a bunch. If I really need something to eat, I'll just have a protein shake, or a salad with non fat dressing. Or atleast something with a minimal amount of carbs.

The best way to trim up is to eat more often but very small portions. Don't eat carbs after 8 PM (or very little).

Some people will just stop eating or eat once or twice a day. That is really not good to boost your metabolism.

If you eat more often but very small portions, I'm talking the size of your palm every 2-3 hrs you will notice a boost in your metabolism.

By no accident hitting the gym consistently atleast 3 times a week will help. As I mentioned above, I dont do cardio. By packing on lean muscle, you boost your metabolism. The more muscle you have on you the more calories your body can take. Since I have a low percentage of body fat my body burns more calories a day just to feed them (so to speak).

For every 1LB of Lean Muscle you burn an extra 50 calories (at rest).

I'll be honest, I do abs maybe a couple times a week, and I don't really train them hard. However, I've been a healthy eater CONSISTENTLY for the past 10 or so years, and that includes going the gym regularly at least 3-4 times a week for those 10 or so years. I also dont drink much, hardly ever. When I do it's only a couple drinks maybe once a week at most.

Minimize your soda and sugar intake, and try to drink a gallon of water a day. (It's hard to do).

If you want to figure out how to get abs you need to watch your food intake in detail so you can understand what you are doing wrong.

Compile a list of what you ate, at what time, your caloric, protein, Carb and fat intake.

Someone your weight should shoot for about 2500 calories a day. 50G fat MAX per day and 250 G carbs max. You will realize very fast it's hard to achieve any of those numbers. Especially if you frequent any franchise restaurants.
Appreciate 0