09-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #21
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomColours View Post
If I had money to burn id certainly be buying some retrofit lights from josh.

Any comparison against josh's lights would be unfair. But the price for me atm is too far out of reach for me.

Maybe one day soon though josh.
No worries bud, You know where to find me. Was nice chatting to you today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex_lad View Post
That's it the retrofit is the best option if you can spare the money. I know I would have some just too much money.
It is a lot of money mate! I definitely know that and in most cases most mods approaching that sort of money is one you could possibly live without.

But there is such a vast improvement on light out-put, crisp performance, and with the ability to alter the light internals at the same time, you can immediately facelift and transform the entire front end of a Pre LCI with such a straight forward mod which will have you looking for your cars reflection at every moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
But the more I'm leaving it, the more i think I actually prefer the yellow look of the standard bulbs, as you get the nice contrast between the HID beam and the angels, rather than a full on barrage of retina melting brightness.
I actually agree. The few E92s i see with White H8 LED drop ins look terrible and really cheapen the front end as the light is further diminished over stock...all imo.
The oem yellow Angels look fairly good for a stock look and you are right about the contrast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomColours View Post
"Full barrage of retina melting brightness"

Classic!
Hah!!

Even the new LCI Lights are not great.
From a distance of 50yards or more... All you see is a bright hue of light rather than crisp angel eyes.
And they are still not completely visible from all angles
Appreciate 0