View Single Post
      10-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyT View Post
You can retrofit Bluetooth to a 3 series that meets certain requirements, if it meets certain requirements and only if it meets certain requirements. The most important requirement being the presence of fiber-optic bus. Cars with iDrive, Navi or premium sound system will have it and, I guess, Bluetooth can be retrofit to such cars. If the requirements are met, then you'll also have plethora of alternative OEM-like options besides the OEM Bluetooth.

As for truly basic 2011 3 series... no, you cannot retrofit Bluetooth to it and no, nobody has done it (at least yet) in the more-or-less traditional meaning of the word "retrofit" (i.e. barring the total teardown and rebuild of the electronic subsystem). Basically, from the purely financial point of view, the cheapest way to "retrofit" Bluetooth to such a car is to sell it and buy a new one with Bluetooth. The amount of money one will lose on such a transaction will be less than the amount of money it will take to do an actual retrofit.

So, I'll say it again: a "basic" 2011 3-series can't have Bluetooth retrofit to it. Parrot will work, but that's as close to OEM as you'll ever get.
This is not a pissing contest.

Again... to those that want to know how to retrofit the OEM Bluetooth in a post-2010 3-Series just post prodution date and equipment and a professional suggestion will be provided.
Appreciate 0