View Single Post
      04-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #61
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catm3 View Post

Not to speak for rflow, but he has trapped about 2 mph faster. You posted a speed of 107.6. His best trap that I have seen is 109.46 (this isnt the run posted on Dragtimes, but a 12.702/109.46 done that same evening). Considering he was using DRs, he was probably hooking decent, which would also hurt trap speed. I am sure he could hit 110 on street tires with a slower ET.
That's not always the case.
Slower ET's don't always mean faster traps.
I've dragged a lot and sometimes that's true, other times not.
With my PROcede 335i, of my 3 runs I did at Famoso, each ET got faster and so did each trap speed, while each 60' got faster.

By the 2 mph slower (rflows traps) I was referring to Shiv's 111 trap speeds with the PROcede.
And the fact if my car had an exhaust and tune for the exhaust on 93 Octane, and at sea level (like Rflow's set up), I'm sure I would of trapped at 109+ too as Rflow did and had the same 12.6-12.7's and that would be on street tires!
Again, I'm not taking anything away from his times, they were very good.
But under the same conditions with the same mods, it would of been easy for me (or any other experienced drag racer with the same set up) to match those times. Just correcting for sea level, my times were 12.95 @108.1
The 93 Octane tune alone would be good for another tenth or so and .7-1 mph.
Add in the exhaust and a tune for the exhaust...plus DR's, no problem matching or beating those times with my car...especially now with version 1.4 of the PROcede that has more power now than when I did my runs at Famoso.

Our cars our fast, there's no doubt.
But in order to know exactly what kind of power the AA Xede is putting down compared to the PROcede, it needs to be dynoed on the same dyno as someone with the same set up (exhaust, 93 Octane).
As I said, I'd be interested in seeing that.
Appreciate 0