09-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihpj View Post
For me, the overriding consideration is service and support. With my Apple devices I can walk into an Apple store anywhere in the world (within reason) and get full service for my device. With Samnsung products where do you go for help/advice/support and above all repairs? So you drop your S3 and crack the screen, where do you go for help and support? How long will that repair take? Will repair be official (i.e. Samsung?) and above all cost, I'm betting it'll cost a damn sight more than £140 Apple charge to replace entire handset.

I don't fancy loosing my device to the carriers for 'repair' weeks on end when Apple can (in worst case scenarios) swap out my device in 10 minutes at the Genius Bar. No-one else can compete with this level of service and, for me, this is a key reason why Apple products will continue to be my first choice.

Just worth considering when 'praising' the likes to Samsung and their (copy cat) products ;o)
Kia offer a 7 year warranty on their cars. Would you buy a Kia ahead of a Porsche?

Apple warranty is great. I used it 4 times in 6 months and had my iphone4 replaced due to failure each time.

Never once in 10mins though. Often I had to make an appointment and go back later that day or another day.

I went down the HTC route and so far been faultless and I've not had to sample their warranty claims.

I've always been given a replacement handset any time before so no real hardship to be honest.

Haven't Apple been found guilty of copying others too? Isn't many of the best features of Apple products not made by Samsung?

This is on the BBC website which is a fair view of the iphone these days. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19557497
Appreciate 0