09-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyx637 View Post
Read that link, and this one: http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...and-dry-a-car/ to learn how to properly wash your car. Proper hand washes are key to preserving the finish. You don't need to clay each time you wash (few times a year should be fine). You will need to polish eventually (most do light polishes 1-2 times per year) and ensure there is always adequate protection on your paint (from a sealant, wax too if you want).

And remember: no tunnel washes and no so-called "detailers"! If you really need to take it to a pro for whatever reason, ask here or at Autopia first. The vast majority of detailers simply don't know what they are doing, but the true pros are known around here (and Autopia).

For now, I would get stared with some quality shampoo, wash media, grit guards (2), drying towels, and a paint sealant for protection. You could also add in a wax to use after the sealant if you want. I added links to some products I like, but you don't have to go with these exact ones.

Browse around some of the detail threads here, see what sounds good to you, and take a look at Detailed Image and Detailers Domain for your supplies. Both are E90Post sponsors and offer top notch customer service.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0