08-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #19
DuDai
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
There are a few bolts and other bits to replace. The clutch kit comes with 6 pressure plate bolts, clutch disc and pressure plate, a throwout bearing, and release lever arm. Do not separate the bearing from the arm since the it has two different pivot depths, and it comes installed the proper way. Get it wrong, and you'll have to pull the trans again.

Replace the three Guibo bolts and nuts, four aluminum trans bolts - either get a new aluminum bolt kit or buy 4 steel bolts sold individually listed in the parts catalog, and check your shift rod seal. They commonly leak on all BMWs once they get some age. Get some new exhaust gaskets from the downpipes/cats to mid section and 4 new copper nuts. Get a new plastic pivot pin and retainer spring clip. Grease the tip of the pin and clutch slave with a dollop of silicone grease. Do not bother replacing the pilot bearing. It is a major PITA. Clean it out with some brake cleaner and put in some fresh grease, any wheel bearing grease with moly will do.

All of the pressure plate and driveshaft to Guibo bolts are torque-to-yield, so pay attention to the torque specs!
Thank you very much man! Having my shop do this for me. They say they've done lots of SPEC clutches and stock ones but never did the 335IS clutch swap. They were just curious and have no problems attempting it as they love trying new stuff and getting to know tricks and tips for there other customers too. Shop owner is awesome as he drives a supercharged E60 M5. Gave me a ride in that to work and