View Single Post
      02-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp View Post
I thought xenon's went more blue when they died (?), but you're right 4000k looks more like the colour I'm seeing on the snow-covered roads now. Could be my imagination, but I'd say it's gotten even MORE yellow even since I mentioned it here. I will try to take a pic just for reference but the bulbs are indeed original. The car is new-to-me 2008 (11/07) so over 5 years on a set of xenons (88k km's / 55k mi's) - not sure of the expected lifespan, but that seems pretty good for any non-led bulb I'd say? Probably time for a new set?
Xenons are expected to last a long time. You still have light, so you still have life left, it is just that the gas and salts inside the bulb will turn to a different color as it ages over time. They will get brighter, but the brighter the bulb, the more light output, the more yellow the color.

I have the same year and build date as you. I have not cared about mine since I bought it, but it is definitely time for a headlight refresh. New bulbs are definitely in store along with a complete refresh of the headlamps.

Look at TheReftrofitSource for new bulbs. The D1S Osram CBI 5000K is the brightest bulb on the market that will give you the blue look that you want and maintain the lumens.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 0