SubzeroVR4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmerMeUp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes335XI View Post
Xenons are expected to last a long time. You still have light, so you still have life left, it is just that the gas and salts inside the bulb will turn to a different color as it ages over time. They will get brighter, but the brighter the bulb, the more light output, the more yellow the color.

I have the same year and build date as you. I have not cared about mine since I bought it, but it is definitely time for a headlight refresh. New bulbs are definitely in store along with a complete refresh of the headlamps.

Look at TheReftrofitSource for new bulbs. The D1S Osram CBI 5000K is the brightest bulb on the market that will give you the blue look that you want and maintain the lumens.
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Actually the bulbs color shifts within the first couple hundred hours of use. Usually a bright white with slight yellowish hue to a pure white light and this is the period where they would be at their brightest giving the most lumens, then white with a blueish hue. During this phase when they're slightly blue you're also losing lumens and will continue as the bulb ages and turns more of a blue color.
HIDs dim out over time. You can spend the money for the CBI's or just but a set of normal 4300k and let them color shift to 4800k after couple hundred hours of use.
'21 Civic Type R
Appreciate 0