View Single Post
      10-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #237
mikeith
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
Our contact at MAHLE took the time to look up the drawings. It is possible that he is wrong, but not likely. What people supply to the OEM is not exactly posted on a board in the lunch room - I know when I was a Tier1 supplier to Porsche Mazda and Ford (previous job) only 2-3 people in the building knew the specifics of the programs.

Properly specified forged pistons do not make extra noise. We sell close to a million dollars worth of pistons per year, and we never get complaints. We keep it simple and spec them per manufacturer guidance Others who spec them with greater clearances may experience piston slap during startup.
and this is why my car will go HERE if the market ever reaches the point where we NEED upgraded rods/pistons! and not to change topic but how much can you guys do to the N54 exactly, sleeved cylinders, upgraded heads, etc etc?... i know im thinking long term here but SURELY someone is going to make a fuel system that will support substantially higher power eventually lol
Appreciate 0