Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans BLue e92 335i LCI

Garage List
2012 e92 335i LCI  [0.00]
2009 e92 328i  [10.00]
Best 45 minute mod ever

I removed airbox, then the MAF, used a box cutter to remove the carbon filter, a dremel and a flat file to sand down the rough spots, then vacuumed out the box, then washed it out with a hose and let it get bone dry in the sun.

Pulled the power from the battery for 1 minute to re-set the computer, re-connected and fired her up.

Not really noticeable sound wise, but man it revs so much freer now! The lag when fist hitting the gas is totally gone, and it seems to pull smoothly through the entire RPM range now, where as before there were little flat spots in the power band.

Blipping the throttle to rev match on downshifts is like butter now, before there'd be this little lag and then you end up over revving or missing the downshift waiting for the engine to rev, not anymore blip the throttle and bam! rev's come right up.

Didn't do the K&N as no one had it in stock today and I've only got 19k on the car so no need to change the filter just yet anyways.

e92 LCI • LeMans BlueSaddle Brown • Bamboo Anthracite • Performance Grilles • CF Performance Spoiler • CF Performance Diffuser • ACS Style Roof Spoiler • LED Interior Lighting • BMS Clutch Stop • BMS Intake • BMS CDV • BMW Performance Exhaust • ST V1 Coilovers • Miro 111 Staggered • More to come!
Appreciate 0