View Single Post
      09-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #9
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout335i View Post
I think you'll find its only in the US, due to some legal ruling down there that protects customers and we get the shaft in Canada..

Been down the software reprogramming process and all the normal wasting of our time that BMW Canada wants to put us through before replacing the HPFP. Make sure you get it replaced before your warranty runs out (over $1,000 to replace)...
I’m trying my best to get them to replace it. I called in today to book an appointment (booked for Oct 4. My warranty is up on the 6th!) and the S.A. told me that they probably won’t replace it if there is no "Check engine" light on, but they will do a pressure test on it.....Sounds like another "Band-Aid" fix to me, just like all those software updates. Bottom line is, the product is faulty and inevitably will fail, which I think warrants its replacement right there. Why wait till it breaks down on me in rush hour? That’s nothing but carelessness on Bmws behalf. I plan on raising some hell in there if they give me the run-around again.
Appreciate 0