View Single Post
      09-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #13
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian A View Post
When did the long crank start? It took my car three months until the first check engine light came on and then more and more headaches. The updated software didn't help at all because the long crank returned on the next day I started the car.
Originally the long cranks started about 4 months ago. I brought it in and they did a software update. This lasted for about 2 months, then the long cranks started again, so I brought it in and once again they did a software update. Honestly, it only sounds like the fuel pump is primed for a few seconds longer than before (you hear it when you unlock the doors). Now the long cranks started up about 3 weeks ago. I’m also noticing a very rough idle on occasion as well. As I mentioned in my previous post, there’s obviously an underlying problem here since the HPFP is losing pressure when not active, and correct me if I’m wrong, but all BMW seems to do about it is increase the length of the initial prime before the car starts accompanied by an increase in idle rpm for the first few second after ignition. It seems to me that this clearly indicates that the HPFP seals are slowly deteriorating and will inevitably fail.

Last edited by m-technik; 09-24-2010 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0