x3man1994
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 X3 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRed View Post
Hi guys,

I have had the CPO Metallic Black Sapphire 335i for over a year. Mostly i got the detailing done at bubbles hand wash. Recently, after going over the board planned to at least wash the car myself. I lived in apartment and no access to hose. So, went ONR way, and really loved cleaning my car by myself!, have been doing that ever since. (last 3 months)

Now I feel I can step up to do the detailing my self. I wanted your advice, if I am planning it right. (all by hand)

I have got
1) ONR
2) Mothers clay / mothers detailer
3) Mequiars Swirl X
4) Klasse AIO
5) Klasse SG and Wolfgang deep gloss 3.0
6) loads of MF towels, foam applicator (that came with Klasse kit), spray bottles...

From the research from all the boards, I planned out doing the following:

1 - clean with two bucket wash with car wash soap
do you suggest do a hose wash at nearby car wash ??

2 - claybar each panel (1/3 rd at a time) and wipe down immediately
do yo suggest using ONR as QD ?Use ONR it works great

3 - I have light to moderate swirls on my car (thanks to idiots from bubbles car wash)
so do the Swirl X using the same procedure as claybar and wipe down immediately. What about pads? I don't have much idea about them and If they are required or not... ? Honestly your not going to get good results without a machine like the Porter Cable Find someone in your area that will let you borrow one

4 - clean the car with klasse AIO, panel at a time and wipe down
is this step required as I am polishing with SwirlX any way ?Using AIO is not needed, you could just give your car another light wash

5 - apply the sealant
big question - > do I use Klasse SG or Wolfgang 3.0 ???if you are using AIO in your last step go with Klasse if you want something that is easier to apply for a begginer use Wolfgang

6 - let it cure and re apply 2 more times at 12 hour intervals.That should be fine

This is my first time trial and I do not want to mess something up? I can learn from mistakes but do not want to spoil something!

Please feel free to say anything, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers
Edits in bold

I would recomend a true two bucket wash with Grit guards and all with a quality shampoo like maxsuds II. Also If you want to get into things and make your life a lot easier get a porter cable you can use that tool for many things. If you want more info go to the ask a pro blog and the detailing guide.
And it would really help me out if you bought things using this link to their website. http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php...ailedimage.com
Appreciate 0