View Single Post
      06-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #51
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirez330i View Post
So you think that I should have run a pipe to the right side to make them "look" more like "real" fake quads. And in the process risk losing performance, exhaust tone, having to modify the cars underbody components, and spending a lot more money to achieve the exact same thing. Quads that literally do nothing except provide symmetry to the rear of the car in a purely cosmetic way.
Actually, that's a bit of a straw man argument. Nowhere did I condone quads from my viewpoint, I just rail more on fake quads than plumbed ones.

Honestly, I think you should've done nothing and left your car as it was. The reason being that, as I wrote upthread, I really like the way you modded the car otherwise (the matte grey looks sharp) and (if asked to) I would have trouble criticising it from any angle. What does it matter if it didn't have quads, real or fake? There have been plenty of beautiful cars which are "asymmetric" in their exhaust placement, and others which were symmetric but fugly.

It comes down to someone looking at the car going "nice exhaust" - and you have a choice of saying "nah it's fake, just looks" (bam, instant points down) or dodge the question. Why bother?