View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
willie55912
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M850xi gran coupe

Warranty promises..and changes

After having an f30 for 11 months....I needed new wipers, as they were streaking. When arriving at Motorwerks BMW in Bloomington, Mn. I was informed that windshield wipers are to be replaced once a year under the warranty. This was odd, since it was never mentioned in the past with my e90 and at another dealership, they told it was routine to replace them for any car under warranty being serviced. But what got me ticked was when I told them I would set up an appt. and have the oil changed....1 year after I bought the car....they again said....only one oil change a year. I questioned them if I decide to put on a lot of miles....3000/month...then I still should be covered if I am under 50,000 miles and 4 years if the oil change indicator comes on. Again, they said..only one free oil change a year!!! Anyone else run into this??? Being the owner of 2 newer models of BMW...they might be my last as I think this should be covered and they are quick to point out their warranty when you buy new as an incentive.
Appreciate 0