Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335coupe View Post
Vas didn't say whether this was the discrepancy or not of his miscoded injectors. If it was then they were coded properly but the software automatically changed the number.
You are correct. I thought I had 2 miscoded injectors (number 3 and number 5) but in actuality the ECU will sometimes change the last decimal point in the flow value. For an example: I have my injector 3 shows 2.35 mg/stk but it is actually stamped as 236 on the injector itself. When I tried to change it to 2.36, INPA took that value and then the ECU changed it back to 2.35.

This does not happen with all injectors. It happens with selected ones. I suspect this is related to a specific part number.

Also, I looked at my injector part numbers and it is a parts numbers galore! I don't think I have two injectors with the same revision. Some of them even have different clamps.

Again, I strongly recommend that everyone checks that their injectors have the decoupling elements aka seals. If not, those injectors will be protruding their needles further into the combustion chamber and will sit closer to the spark plug.