04-09-2015, 06:33 AM   #16
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn30d View Post
From the last 10+ years in modified/tuning scene, theres a recurring theme of how awful EBC pads are. From them breaking up/disintegrating/melting, to wooden feeling pedals, to just generally being a bit pap compared with other options.

Its an opinion held by many people on various different unrelated forums i've used over the years. As such i've always avoided them, and to be perfectly honest i've never had a problem using good road pads like the Ferodo Premiers on a road car.

The simple fact is that pads essentially fit into two categories, road pads, with proper R90 approval, and track/race pads, which are much more aggressive and dont have R90 approval. The EBC's try to sit in the middle with a R90 approved pad that pretends its up there with proper trackday pads like the Ferodo DS series or Mintex M11xx etc, and ends up being a bit compromised for both situations.

Ofcourse i'll happily admit that it may well be that they've changed the compounds and they've got better in recent times, but personally i still wouldnt use them.
If you haven't used them,please refrain from writting such a strong comment like you used them and almost died because of it. Anyone can find lots of info regarding how bad ebc were in the old tuning scene and to be honest i was put off with reading so much on the net.

i bought mine to try and was ready to bin them if they were really rubbish.

i used the same set for 2 years now and i still have plenty of life left, one word of advise , i had to do alot of 100+mph to 30mph and upto a month of driving to finally get my pads worn in.
Appreciate 0