Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Graph one - relevant countries
Fixed for accuracy.

If you want to compare your country to the ones with higher gun fatality rates that are complete, chaotic messes, be my guest.

Quote:
Graph two - has nothing to do with firearms.
You can't have it both ways. There have been mulitple posts in this thread (not necessarily your own) quoting "violence" statistics in other countries. Australia was brought up and stats were posted. If you actually read the so called "stats", it was a survey and not based in fact.

It has been suggested that guns help prevent violent crime, but there has been no mention of homicide rates or gun homicide rates like I've displayed here.

Quote:
Your post doesn't make anything simpler, it's just simply less complete.

I'm not thrilled about stats but with the way some people in here are spouting off about the lunacy of the US i figured those people might be surprised by the statistics of the US as well as some other countries with on 10% of the guns but 12 times more firearm homicides.
The gun stats in the first graph I posted are based on population percentages and talk about intentional firearm homicides.

The US has greater than 400% more intentional gun homicides than every western, democratic country excluding Mexico.

This of course isn't relevant and doesn't point towards this being a problem unique to US society.
Appreciate 0