View Single Post
      10-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
Nanotech214
Rep
Drives: Black 2007 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixxishot View Post
Well I believe the belt has wrapped itself around the crank and damaged the seal so I hoping its just that simple and the issue will be resolved.

As for this loctite bs BMW specially contacted them for a glue that would active both by contact with metal and with UV light. Well u can get the sealant from a dealer however the primer is NOT available in the US it has to be shipped from Germany and there is no exact US conversion per my conversation with a loctite technical analyst. This combo is mentioned is the tis and bolded to tell you if you don't use it you will not resolve the oil leak. My comvo with loctite has made me decide that I will try a US primer as it should work and see how that performs.

If anyone has this issue please let me know I would more than happy to discuss what my hours of research has found and what the result is once the work gets done.
Hey what was the outcome of this, I recently ordered the seal because of the same issue, can you please tell me what glue was used for this. I'm planing on doing this myself... Have everything off already
Appreciate 0