View Single Post
      04-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #177
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport View Post
That's fantastic, if its true then it would be really great!
By the way, if customs boarded the ship and cleared MB vehicles is it possible they cleared BMWs too?
That is what I am wondering, too. They may have just cleared the whole ship when it docked in SD because it officially entered the US. The BMW 1-800 is kind of squirrely, but you could give it a call just for the heck of it and see if there is any change in status for your car. It sounds like the MB system is a little more detailed, though, because I don't think the BMW system says anything about clearing customs, whereas the MB system does. (On the other hand, you guys have a far superior trucking customer support system). The other thing I am thinking is that my model car has its big US launch date this Thursday, May 1, and MB might have requested that all of these models get pushed through quickly and to the dealers by Thursday. I know there are three of my models on board Hojin just for my dealership. The '09 SLs have been shipping for several weeks now, and then holding in the VPCs to be shipped just in time for launch day on Thursday.
Appreciate 0