View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
Dom_J
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335 xdrive

^^^ that was a good one!! If ever a perfect time to cue that one up!! hahaha touché!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiwanChen View Post
I HATE someone just saying "buy a 335"
In my mind, tuning a car means trying to push the car to its limit. I think a N52 with 300hp will be much more impresive than a N54 with 400hp. So for me, it doesn't matter wether I have a 300hp car or 400hp car, instead, is that possible to push the car further with affordable resource matters.
If you just want hp, you can always saving $ and trade in you XXX for a YYY untill you have a bugatti. In this route, you don't need to mod you car at all, it's waste of $.

However, I really doubt the N52 can be S/Ced, as it has been stated many times, the engine itself isn't strong enough to handle boost. My concern as well as many others is not how long will the blower last but how long will our engine last.
Good point...its a matter of being ration I suppose, the risk definitely doesn't seem the outweigh the benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanhiker View Post
+1. Trade up and be done with it.
I'll definitely look into the modded 335s a bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
I see no reason why you can hate someone for giving that answer. Many of us, myself included have modded our cars with every bolt on possible. I'm probably getting between 275_280 at the flywheel and I'm happy. I know that adding a supercharger from a company that has very poor reputation and business practices is not something I want to deal with. Instead of buying a 335 I decided to buy a car I didn't mind blowing up. I bought an e30 and am building a turbo kit. Even if AA built a supercharger I'd have to think twice about getting one.
Your car seems to perform great and you got the exact mods I'd like to try out here shortly, you seem content with it as well, I wish there was someone local with an alike set-up for me to try out
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidel335 View Post
Honestly, being original isn't always the best way to get something done, that's why so many people do what's tried and true.
So true! ....Idk how many times I've learned this the hard way. Every experience has been a great one though, sometimes a risk comes with a reward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
OP has modded SATURN, doubts 450whp 335i exists, thinks N52 is somehow "beefier" than N54.

OP has gone full retard. 3 times. In one thread.

Lol Combat Ninja.

I didn't mean to get you going...I'm sorry Combat Ninja. Didn't mean to shit on your opinion, if that's what you got out of it. Was a good topic for me, got me through a Monday....If I ever meet you, we can have a drink, on me (if your of age)

If you all feel it was

Apologies fellas, we'll see what goes down either way, who knows 335 might be the best bet. M3 could be the best bet. Hell, I could wake up with a bag of sense and just get the damn Corvette already. Good talk either way...I'm sure I got some gears rolling.

I appreciate the input guys....sarcasm n all, its what makes a forum a forum.
LAST 24 MONTHS = E90 328i LCI xdrive *SOLD* / E36 328is Because Race car / 11-Volvo S40 T5 *SOLD* / 96-Japanese Evo 4 *SOLD* / 04-Saturn Ion Redline *SOLD*/ 10-V6 Camaro *SOLD* / E90 LCI 335XI aaaand I think I found a winner

...do it right or do it twice(or more)

Last edited by Dom_J; 06-17-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0