View Single Post
      11-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
the throttle body was kind of a pain to get off, then the wiring junction box. So the DIY the guy posted that includes taking that off by using that bent flathead is a big pain in the butt. all you need is a crowbar or a big stick or something, wedge it in there and it'll pop right out of the clips. Other than that, and now that I've done it, it's really easy to get to. Now I'm having a new problem. No more codes, however, at ~4k WOT I'm getting a bunch of knock and I'm trying to figure out if it's fuel or air. I have some logs that are logging the standard logs from the accessport, and then I have logs logging the HPFP and LPFP and knock, it's noticeably knocking and it'll even sometimes pop a CEL but I can't figure out what it is, I'm thinking theres a leak somewhere in the intake manifold where it connects to the engine, I'm going to take it off and put it back on. I've added DCIs to it as well in the mean time. So it's FMIC + DCIs on Cobb aggressive stage 1+ running shell 93.

If the Fuel HPFP REQ PSI is higher than the Fuel HPFP PSI does that mean it's asking for X amount and only Y amount is being provided, therefore meaning it's not getting enough fuel? Or does anyone know where I can get a better explanation of each of the particular data pieces it's logging?

also, how accurate is the lambda bank1 afr?
Knocking. You are actually hearing noticeable pinging? If so that's not good at all. That's I would believe is a fuel issue.
Appreciate 0