United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooj View Post
Hi guys,

I put on the top speed 4" exhaust, and it sucks. The sound sucks really bad, like really really sucks, and its not a good fit on the rear of car, the exhausts are so close to the bumber it makes it black a little.

And i also DO feel the car is less smooth and possibly slower but that might be other maintenance issues.

Im gonna put back my stock exhaust.

Question: I also put catless raceland DP's when i put on this exhaust sys. it is a good fit with the stock muffler right?

Thanks

Dan
As for the smoother/slower, theres some explanations:

1)Slower: Your probably just losing more backpressure which means your not spooling as quickly. So you shouldnt really lose power as much as your losing spool speed which may feel like power. People debate the disadvantages/advantages of backpressure all day long. But if i had to guess, your perceived loss of power is just spool time....

2)Smoother: Are you running a tune? If so, you needed to reset the adaptions for the new mod. Just sayin.

Anyways, sorry to hear you didnt like it. I love catless DPs + stock catback Only gets raspy at WOT near redline. And at that point idc what the car sounds like hahaha