View Single Post
      10-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Axe Murderer with headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyD4Me View Post
most companies do R&D and test their cars on the track...this way they calibrate the struts and springs to the weight of the car....
Although this place maybe top notch they would be "guessing" on what compression is ideal for the weight ride height of the car....
I dont know the details, but I imagine they would take internals from Koni Strut on a 335i and get them to fit inside the housing of a 335xi OEM strut....

Is there much difference in the two? I believe the only difference is the extra 200-300 lbs from the AWD system (and cornering/handling characteristics) you get w/ AWD, otherwise most everything else would be the same.

Take it a step further, KW V3 uses the same coilovers for the e92 and e90. How can you be certain these systems were both tested?

Another point, the HR coilovers were originally designed/tested to work on a 328xi NOT a 335xi. Only b/c they actually FIT the car, did HR approve the coilovers.

If you guys actually want to believe that these companies thoroughly test these systems and take these components to the track, your greatly mistaken...
Appreciate 0