View Single Post
      07-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #7
GeorgeSmooth
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo6 View Post
I really want to get an exhaust. I was very keen, but a recent warranty job made me appreciate my motor plan again. So now I am stuck, since i dont want to pay the 27K for the BMW exhaust. I have some bolt on part that I take on and off for services, but its clearly not that simple with the exhaust.
I would think the exhaust is one of the simpler things to change at the Speedy or any exhaust shop. The downpipes and intercooler are rather bigger jobs. I am most probably going to get the AE exhaust and then get a local exhaust like TNT made up and compare. It doesn't really give that much power vs other mods but would like a bit more tone. I do very little mileage so servicing isnt a major issue for me.
I also have a bit of a issue with the performance exhausts being lighter. I think it throws the car out of balance when you remove 30 odd kgs from the back of the car. Dunno will let you guys know my findings.