View Single Post
      12-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
litz4244
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m6gc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Funny thing is spoke to tech at Snow Performance and I told him my setup of using a M7 and M10. He tells me that it's tooooo much flow for their sensor! I was quite puzzled and stated that it was ridiculous. He said if I use those nozzles together it will ruin the flow wheel!! It can only handle up to about 1200 ml/min! It cannot handle that much flow. I think it ridiculous but if that's the case, this flow sensor sucks. Aquamist unit, I spoke to Jeff at Howerton Engineeringmand told him my setup, and he said it would be fine on their sensor. Their flow sensor is 100% meth compatible and can read up till 1500 ml/min which is more than 2 M10 nozzles which I am far from. We will see. I guess I will have SP safeinjection as paper weight soon. This is getting ridiculous. I have gone through two flow sensor units and working on e third. Hopefully this is my answer. Complete BS. I am still on the defense of the Aquamist unit as the size and the encasing it is in, is not the most robust electrical item. Maybe it's a good thing it's plastic as it won't absorb heat like the Snow unit does as it's all aluminum casing retains heat. My unit when it gets hot, doesn't show flow. I am sure it's also the location that I installed it in. Metal on top of metal will create a lot of heat!

Wow I cant believe it wont support the flow of dual nozzle. So pretty much its no good to most of the people running meth on n54s due to most people running a dual nozzle set up. I agree with you I hope this snow flow meter does not turn into the whole labonete ordeal. Yours is mounted behind your rear bumper right? Mine is mounted in the trunk next to the controller. So I dont think mine is a heat issue. It stopped working at the track saturday so I am going to hook the laptop up today and see what happens. So are you going to give the aquamist a try? Dont you have to do some scaling changes with the aquamist? I thought somebody tried one and the flow numbers were really off.
Appreciate 0