bimmergrl86
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyBMW View Post
I recently inspected my car and on top of my hood theres a tiny size mark that looks like its either a bird dropping stain or something else. I tried to spray it down with water and a slight wipe but it didnt work. It looks like a brownish/rusty hologram surrounded by a clear looking patch haze that cant come off. I don't know if some contamination ate the paint or what, I have a BSM color car.

Any advice? I think I will do a full wash tomorrow but i'm worried that after the wash that mark will still be there (as it looks like it would). How can I get it off? I did some searches and many people said a quick detailer and MF towel wipe or Scratch X, or Optimum No Rinse. I was wondering if i do that should I do it after my car is totally washed and dry? Or am I QDing the spot before my wash or during my wash? I don't want to use a quick detailer and start wiping around on a already dirty surrounding and making any swirls so I want to know do I wash the whole car before doing that.
hey, i'm having the same problem too. did you end up cleaning the stain on your car? if so, what did you use? been hearing qd, clay bar, and a microfiber cloth will do.