Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embolus*335i View Post
How would you say the "note" of the exhaust is different now that you've paired the Catless DP's with the PE? From my research most say it changes it and not for the better...it looses the high end note near the higher rpm's with the PE. Was it for the better or worst in your opinion?

This is the only thing really holding me back from getting some DP's, aside from the actual noise level since I find my PE already close to as loud as I'd want my car to be.

Plus, to deal with the rasp/drone, some people say resonators is the answer. So wouldn't getting the AR Catless resonated DP's, as an example, solve this issues without getting the DP's and resonators separately?

If someone can help answer some of these questions I'd greatly appreciate it!
AR resonated are a rare breed and I have never heard a set in person and I usually don't like to go off what people on forums say so I'm not sure about them, but for the price you would pay for them it seems easier to just put the resonators into the midpipes.

Some people don't mind the rasp and some, like myself, hate it. When the car is fully warmed up in summer it's not all that raspy though, in the winter it's a whole new story haha. I would just get regular catless and see how it is and if you don't like the rasp the resonators area quick fix. The rasp comes in the upper rpm's, when giving part throttle at WOT I've noticed the car just flies through rpm's you don't notice the rasp as much.

The PE does sound MEAN and pops and gurgles a lot catless. With the cold temps as of late I'm firing off shotgun sounds every time I let off the accelerator. When you give the car a bit of throttle from a standstill it has a nice deep grunt as well.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0