08-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #116
JimVR4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
they are separate wires, you will need to splice it and add a second connector into the harness
I do not think any connectors need to be added into the harness, nor do I think any splices are needed. The existing seat connectors at x275 and x279 will be re-used however wires need to be added into the harness between the seat connectors and the fuse box / junction box.

Ins1dez: The actual wiring hookups that you need depend on the model year of your car. The fuse box / junction box has different fuse numbers and pinouts for different years. You will have to consult WDS (Wiring Diagram System) and download the fuse box diagram and compare it to the white sheet in your glove box rear panel.

Once you have identified the correct fuses, you will need to connect heavy guage (probably 12 guage) wiring from the fuse box to the X275 and X279 connectors. Each seat connector will need two wires, one for +12V and one for ground.

Then you need to make sure the CAN bus wiring is present at the seat connectors. You may have to add wiring between the junction box and the seat connectors for this.

Finally you have to code the car for electric seats with memory. I'm not sure the seats will operate at all unless the coding is performed first. Read the thread from post #1 and good luck.