View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #16
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

3zero3 did get back to me on this. Well, I'll let you guys figure this statement out...

"My BMW Technician worked at the factory in Bavaria, and is very familiar with the WinKFP platform. SO this is something that we can help you with... However there are always great risks in using this to reprogram any control module. The WinKFP platform does not have any safety devices built in, so there is always a chance that something in the file can cause an issue and basically "brick" or kill your control module, and its a risk you have to assume in this process....

But the feedback we have gotten on the TCU software upgrade is very positive."

Still not really sure if they don't know what they're doing and just assuming they can handle this or they've done it a few times in the past or what. The initial response I had from the guy that answered my message over facebook was pretty unclear because he didn't really have a clue what I was talking about. I shared the DIY info from the coding section with him, he ran it by some of the mechanics, and that's when he responded with the above statement.

I've since asked if they've done this in the past a few times so hopefully it will clear up the cryptic messages I keep getting.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0