View Single Post
      04-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #25
shnapper
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewKo View Post
Well that is total b.s. and I agree I would not sign it until the installation is completed and testing after many miles. I might not sign even then. the warranty is going to cover any problems with that and if BMW contends it does not cover a new cooler that should have been there initially then I would require a new warranty expressly covering it. I would not release liability against warranty claims pertaining to the new piece and if that document purports to do that, then I could not sign it.

Ok drew I think your missing what BMW is doing, I will try to explain since you haven't seen the form I assume. This has nothing to do with warranty or problems the car may have. This form is to stop the talk about the subject because BMW doesn't want this getting out to the masses that don't hit net forums for advice etc...Cliff notes: you sign you shut up you will get the cooler as a gesture of goodwill on BMW's part (a favor so to speak). BMW's goal is most likely to supply the cooler ONLY TO THOSE COMPLAINING and don't want those that don't know as of yet they don't have the cooler not to know at all. Does that make sense? This is a HUSH HUSH form to limit the cooler to only those that are complaining about it they hope. They must figure once the talking stops the problem will be taken care of. They are obviously trying to avoid a public recall and want this form signed and in a hurry...........Like I said this is very scary I know BMW has pride and are obviously not willing to swallow it, but to have a form like this to sign is call for legal counsel. I don't want to sue no one I'm not into that kind of thing, but I can't sign this form without protecting my rights as a consumer..........
Appreciate 0