11-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #109
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
^ you say plan your trip and learn how to drive in snow....but the fact is accidents are not planned and even the best drivers get in to them, and by running AS tires you increase that chance greatly.

I would understand if AS were great in summer and so so in winter ......but another fact is that they are no good in summer or in winter. So it basically comes down to 2 things .....1 you cannot afford another set or 2 you are to lazy to switch for your own safety and safety of others
Hey man, I've run all-season tires on my E90 for about 170,000 miles now. I've been able to get my 80-mile one-way commute down to 1 hour and 24 minutes (my best time) on all seasons; so, go do the math. And my commute has about 55 miles of (45 MPH) back roads and 25 miles of highway (though usually in stop and go traffic); back roads that you spend your nights dreaming about. So go ahead and spread all crap about all-season tires all you want on the internet. I know what works on my car. I've lived in the mid-Atlantic area my whole life and have driven over 1 million miles and I've never owned a set of dedicated Winter tires, and I've never had an accident in the snow. I used to be a professional courier and HAD to drive in all weather conditions.

And all I can do is laugh at your asinine statement about "too lazy to switch for my own safety or the safety of others" - FU bud. Are you seriously saying that all-season tires are a safety hazard and shouldn't be used in any season? Really? That is about the most asinine thing I've ever read on this forum. Go look at The Tire Rack's data on Summer, All-Season, and Winter tires and see how close they all are in dry-weather performance.

BTW, I can afford to buy a set of tires every month of the year if I wanted to, and I have a Rotory SPA010 lift in my garage and a full set of air tools (an Ingersol Rand 2131 impact gun to be specific) so I can change my wheels every day in 20 minutes if I needed to. So next time, write something when you know what you are talking about, or STFU.

I'm on my 7th set of tires in 6 years and 6 months so you can act like an ass, or realize other people have real experiences and real data to back it up.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 11-08-2012 at 08:37 PM..
Appreciate 0