View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #13
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbell77 View Post
Really? You drive a BMW, not a Yugo. Stop being cheap and spend the couple hundred.
The fact that I drive a BMW doesn't mean that, therefore, a small out of the way visual annoyance is worth a few hundred dollars to me to fix. More to the point, if I had the whole bumper re-painted every time it got a bit of rash, I'd just be throwing away $500 a month. Maybe I'll have it done after a year or two's worth of rash, but for that little spot it would be silly.

The real point is that I'd sooner buy a booth, gun, and paint and get professional training to do it myself than have something that silly fixed by someone else, because that's how I operate.

I fucking HATE the "you drive a bimmer, what's a few hundo?" argument. Most of us didn't get into a position to buy one by being stupid with our money. And for that matter, it's not the most special vehicle in the world. Mine cost less after 3 years of depreciation than my friend's new GTI, and hell, his came with Bluetooth streaming, so shit. Until my 328 starts giving me road head when I hop in the driver's seat, the underside of the bumper is not going to be worth "a couple hundred."
Appreciate 1