View Single Post
      08-17-2015, 12:55 AM   #1
Manberg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

Tire shine on Matte Black Rims.. and rotors :(

Went to the same car wash I've been going to for ever and got a cheapy wax job. For some reason the detail guy went ham with the tire shine and covered not only the tire, but my wheels and onto my brake rotors. Leaving the car wash unaware at first of the shine on my rotors I experienced some brake fade like symptoms and found all this after I was home. I went back and told them what happened the next day and they say they brush it and everything is fine... of course. Anyway i have a few questions that arise now.

1. I drove my car around in a "brake setting" fashion as you would wear in new pads to try and burn all that garbage off. Seems to have worked, but I'm still cautious about any long term affects on my pads. Should be fine, right?

2. Will it just wear off my rims and leave the original matte finish as it was?

3. What/how do you guys use/do to clean mostly brake dust off matte wheels. And is there a good way to protect them against new guys at the car wash?
M-Sport, 6MT, PPK, JB4 ISO + Rev.3, VRSF 7'' FMIC, VRSF Catless DP, BMS Charge Pipe, MFactory LSD, Öhlins R&T, M3 Control Arms, Rogue 6MT Bushings, Remus Exhaust, Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Cyba Scoops, VMR VB3 19s, BMS Clucth Stop
Appreciate 0