View Single Post
      09-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Eeehhhh...... Currently, Piggybacks offer a ton of engine management controls. ECU tunes dont offer the same amount of power, or anywhere close. Until map switchers come out, theres not much of a point in a flash IMHO. Cat-LESS DPs offer a great increase in power. If your looking for straight flow, thats the way to go. Oil coolers aren't necessary and dont even make a difference until you reach temps >250. You most likely wont do that unless tracking the car. Otherwise, its not really too important. LOTS of people talk about intakes and there are ones that work, ones that dont, and they all have their upsides and downsides. I suggest you read some more about it. FMICs are a good idea in general. The only DV upgrades are the forge DVs and blow off valves. The first version of Forge DVs leaked, and I'm waiting to hear positive reviews of the second version. The stock DVs are good till about 15psi, then they tend to tear and leak.

I dont mean it in a bad way but I'm pretty sure that anybody with a JB3 or vishnu tune and no other supporting mods would shit on your flash. There are stages to go through but cars with full stage 3 tunes are pushing 450+hp to the wheels. A lot has changed in the last year and meth injection is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
???