06-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #56
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
I've seen official stuff from BMW on LL04, and ethanol in gas. keep in mind its only 10% ethanol, maximum. Mercedes however, hasn't to my knowledge officially written about this. I may be wrong. Audi doesn't seem to care, and neither does any other european exporting car company. It might be much ado about nothing. I did however, notice that at my local shell, whats written is that: "All products may contain up to 10% ethanol", and there was a USDA stamp across all grades of gasoline and diesel. USDA is in charge of the corn, used to make the ethanol. So, its in the diesel alright.

Also, when I used Total Ineo Mc3, in my gas powered 335I, I didn't notice anything unusual, except that it kept temperature, and good oil analyzer measurements, even up to 9,000miles. Surprisingly the Total 10W50 I'm racing with seems to struggle more with my temps, than the INEO did at 9,000miles! when you look at the MSDS, you see that Total loaded the INEO with a heafty additive package, because of its lack of PAO base stock.
Well you can research e-diesel yourself. The stuff is nasty, explosive (spark while dispensing in fuel tank could cause boom), requires a special additive, kills economy by ~ 9%, and is illegal in some states. As for the stickers? I wouldn't put much faith in that. The cashier probably placed them on every pump not caring. Hell how many of those station owners do you think clean the fuel filters IN their tanks?? Probably not many.

As for your MC3, I'm curious to hear about TBN and TAN at 9k miles. I have a sample ready to get shipped off to Blackstone myself (factory fill with OCI of ~6,500) .
Appreciate 0