05-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #1626
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddemon73 View Post
Greg,
I have purchased all my detailing products from you in the past year and want to thank you for the great products and service you provided.

I need your expert opinion on my situation. I have an 2011 mineral white E92. The have the car for about a year now. I have never waxed or polish before. I noticed a couple of swirl mark on the trunk lid the other night. I'm thinking I need to do a complete detail on the car. I have a PC 7424 polisher I purchased a few years back but have never used it. I really dread doing the clay bar part of the detail. I'm afraid I might mess up the paint on my car. I saw recently from a thread on this board about a new product called NanoSkin Autoscrub. This is suppose to replace claying and take less time. Do you have any experience with this product? advantage and disadvantage to using this product vs. claying? I need your assistance in recommending good pads for my PC. I also need your help on the polishing step and sealant/wax part. Should I go with zaino products or other brands?

Thank you for all your help.
Glad to hear you have a PC and you are ready to make the vehicle lok like new again. Doing a full detail does take a lot of time but the results are well worth it and there are some new products out that will save you a lot of time that I'll highlight below.

Wash / Dry
Most swirls come from this process so be sure to use good technique and quality products. If you need to upgrade your products check out these kits:
DI Packages Washing and Drying Basic Kit
DI Packages Washing and Drying Starter Package

Before drying the vehicle the CarPro Iron X Iron Remover is an amazing product. Simply mist it on the paint let it dwell for about two minutes and watch it break down embedded iron deposits. If you have any stubborn areas wipe them with your wash mitt and light pressure before rinsing off.

Clay Bar
Traditionally we've recommended a clay bar and lube but some more time efficient options do exist. If you do want to use a clay bar check out the DI Packages DI Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube. The NanoSkin AutoScrub Medium Foam Pad is another option that is much faster! It is just as thorough as clay but you may not be able to get in to tight spaces with it. It can add imperfections to the paint like a clay bar can but with some basic precautions it's a pretty safe and effective option. If you are polishing afterward you can remove any micro-abrasions afterward anyway.

Polish
This is the step where you actually remove the swirls for good and restore that like new shine again!
Meguiar's Ultra-Cut Compound M105 - Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Pad 2x
Meguiar's Ultra Finishing Polish M205 - Lake Country White Polishing Pad 2x

Sealant
Protect the shine and enhance it!
Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - Lake Country Blue Fine Finishing Pad 1x

Wax
A sealant provides more than enough protection and an outstanding shine so you can certainly stop there. If you want the maximum gloss apply a wax on top of the sealant.
Poorboy's World Liquid Natty's Blue Wax - Lake Country Blue Fine Finishing Pad

Hand remove all of these products with CLEAN microfiber towels. I highly recommend picking up about 5x - 10x DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel.

If you have any questions please check out our detailing guide or ask me I'd be happy to help!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0