Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-335d View Post
Before the exhaust and FMIC was fitted, I was dyno'ed at 360BHP 750NM.

When the DMS remap was done (before the above mods and in Stock form) The car went on the rollers with 278BHP and stayed on them until the best Map was found and that was the figures stated above. It's true, I can only guess what it is now but it will be MORE

When I had my 135i fitted with the Forge FMIC it made an extra 12BHP on the STOCK map. So I would hazzard a guess that the 335d with a remap would improve a bit more than this with the FMIC fitted AFTER a Remap

I am not planning another dyno run at present but that said curiosity may bet the better of me later this year and I may get a final map done and if I do I will of course post it on here.

I hope this is factual enough for you all and I have not stated anything that is not proven now
Sorry Si,but I'm struggling to make sense of how you are calculating the power you're claiming.

I also doubt the power claimed,and without a dyno graph to back up the claims I think you're short of the 378bhp you suggest you're running.

I have asked previously for a dyno graph to support the 360bhp you claim the map from DMS gives,and the request was ignored,DMS have a r/road so why is there not a graph to back it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-335d View Post
Before the exhaust and FMIC was fitted, I was dyno'ed at 360BHP 750NM.

When the DMS remap was done (before the above mods and in Stock form) The car went on the rollers with 278BHP and stayed on them until the best Map was found and that was the figures stated above.
According to your claim above, the car in stock form was rollered @ 278bhp,some 8bhp less than the BMW claimed 286bhp,no problems there,unusual perhaps,as some tuners (one in particular) always claim stock 335D's always push out more power!

So according to you, the map from DMS gave you an extra 82BHP,noteworthy,because it's without doubt the strongest and largest hike in BHP I've ever seen claimed.

You're now claiming 378BHP,how is this figure arrived at?

I've seen no evidence from Wagner (yes I've read the thread) of an increase in power,only of a decrease in temperature,which on it's own does not support a power increase,in fact as someone mentioned earlier,a temperature decrease can have the opposite effect!

Just for some reference here,my last 335D was rollered at 285.4 bhp at Surrey Rolling road in stock form.
It was then rollered again at SRR after a remap and it gave 345 odd BHP.
With a straight through exhaust + the original map it was then measured again at SRR and it came in at 363BHP (DPF intact).

Can we see the original graph from DMS that supports the 360BHP you're claiming,as without it,it's hard to understand,or believe the claims you are suggesting.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335DEE View Post
Here is some material for you then .. tissues at the ready
linky
Bang on the money Dee,and in line with what I'd expect, and the same power output as a friend's 335D,that now wears my old straight through exhaust.

That must be a monster of a car,that torque would worry the life out of me though,my friend's car has problems with the gearbox, and the DTC warning light is a permanent feature on his dashboard!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0