02-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
problem we have is if you change a bolt they can say that bolt caused something to fail and not cover it. Too many loop holes in the warranty, but if you push hard enough their really isn't anything they can do with regard to aftermarket parts. Just pull your flash to play it safe. I run in Valet so they can pull codes if needed, but I've got to the point unless I have a major issue, I won't even think about taking it in and letting them touch my car. If they decided to flash without asking me first it would mess up my under flash for fueling. Not that I can't fix it, just a pain in the @
I hear ya, I'm probably going to have some sort of rule whereby unless the cost of repair is over X hundred $ i'll just pay for it out of pocket at an indy, if there's a major issue i'll bring it in and give them the stinkface when they try to tell me my dci caused a rod to let go or some nonsense like that. My concern with this plan is that the larger the issue, the less likely they are to show me any flexibility. So that would kinda defeat my plan The car has been OK for the last 5K miles or so, so i'd imagine something is on the verge of breaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky68 View Post
We dont have to worry about that over here, BMW refused to give us the same extended warranty you guys got.
Sure seems like outside of the states ya'll get reamed by BMW regarding warranty. I know for a fact that BMWCA and BMW China are horrible with warranty issues, I wasn't aware it was like that in the UK as well

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0