View Single Post
      02-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Anyone try the 300 workout?

It kicked my ass... The workout was kind of a benchmark developed by Gym Jones. Those are the guys who prepared the actors in the movie 300 I'm sure everyone on this board has seen.

I don't think this is something you want to do every day, but maybe once or twice a week.

The prescribed workout is:

25x Pull-ups (chin over bar)
50x Dead-lifts (135lbs)
50x Push-ups
50x Box Jumps (onto a 24inch platform)
50x Floor-wipers (you hold an Olympic bar with 2 45lb plates in the bench press position, then bring your feet from the ground to your left hand and back. Repeat this again for right side. That is 1 rep)
50x Single arm Kettlebell clean and press (35-36 lbs, 25 reps each arm)
25x Pull-ups

The goal is to complete this workout without resting at all. But unless you are a Spartan you are going to have to rest for at least a few seconds while doing some of these exercises.

I am not able to complete all of this workout. I have had to cut back on the reps on a few of the exercises in the interest of actually getting through this. It is taking me about 40 minutes to get this done (with cutting back on a few). I'm hoping to be able to actually complete the whole workout in under 40 minutes in the next 4 weeks.

Here is a good link that also has a video demonstrating the proper techniques to do these exercises:
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/muscle-building-11

So, anyone else tried this?

Last edited by Nautik; 02-24-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0