View Single Post
      09-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #19
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin335 View Post
I have had the same issue and its absolutely a Procede issue. I have the BMW electric wheel and my coolant temp is bouncing around by 3-5 degrees all the time when i have the Procede installed. Without the Procede installed the temperature is way more calm without the fluctuations.

What happens is the coolant sensor gets a false reading and hits maximum temperature ( in my case 205C ). This causes the fan to kick in unnecessarily which cools the oil and coolant below the setpoint.

I have no idea what is causing it, i have screwed with the wastegate settings with no solution. I believe it has to do with a voltage that is interfering with the coolant sensor.
Reason i think this, is because when i rev the engine the temperature swings. When its at idle, its more consistent. When the engine is revving higher, the alternator is putting out slightly more voltage so somehow that is causing issues with the Procede and the coolant sensor.
I can understand if the fan kicks on but once it does it doesn't stop until you shut off the car. If u don't it will make oil temps drop as low as 160 degrees and the car runs like total shit. Fuking dialing wastegate to 30 % is BS and bandaide. JB4 and cobb users I asked have never experienced this strange issue
Appreciate 0