Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Hi,

I got back from holiday yesterday and i've just been stopped by police. Reported for driving without due care and got a notice of inteded prosecution.

Basically i was a bit enthusiastic as i was without the car for 4 weeks. Police officer said because of the wet weather he has to report me. He said he couldn't clock me long enough to record my speed so i didn't get done for speeding.

I'm just after some advice depending on what i get in the post. I think it will be 3 points and a fine, or a driving course. If i go to court do i have much chance of winning, as their evidence may only be the 2 officer's statements? They may also possibly have cctv from the area. What's the best plan of action?
Basically you should of made allowances for the road conditions owing to the wet weather, and they (Police) have judged that your speed was inappropriate.

The offence of driving without due care and attention (careless driving) under section 3 of the RTA 1988 is committed when the defendants driving falls below the standard expected of a competent and careful driver - section 3ZA(2) of the RTA 1988.

Points can be anywhere between 3 -9.

I don't think you'd stand a chance against the word of two officers, best you wait until the NIP lands on the doormat, and see what else is spelled out in terms of what the alleged offence/s are.

You won't get shot though

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0